A new ticket can be created in Freshdesk by three different ways.
- A customer can raise a ticket in the helpdesk by putting in his request or query from the customer support portal.
- An agent can raise a ticket on behalf of the customer when he is contacted by the customer directly with a query/ request. Here, the agent creates the ticket from the Agent portal with the customer's name as the requester.
- The agents can also raise a ticket for themselves in the helpdesk. Here, the agent creates the ticket from the Agent portal with his name as the requester.
Quick steps to raise a ticket from the agent portal:
- Log in to the Agent portal.
- Click on 'New ticket' icon from the Menu bar on the top next to the 'Search' icon.
- The new ticket form will be displayed.
- Enter the Customer's name or the Agent's name in the 'Requester' text box.
- Fill in the other details and click 'Submit' to create the ticket.
Agent role and ticket scope:
By assigning the customer as the requester, the agents creating the ticket will only be able to view or access this ticket if it is included in their ticket scope. If the ticket is assigned to a group that doesn't fall under the agent's scope, the agent will no longer have access to that ticket.
By assigning oneself as the requester, the agent will only be able to view or access the ticket from the Agent portal if the ticket group is included in his scope. Else, the agent should visit the Customer portal to access the ticket requested by him.
For example, If an agent from the Support team whose ticket scope includes only the Support group, raises a ticket to the HR/ Finance team by addressing oneself as the requester, the agent will have constraints to view or access the ticket from the agent portal. The agent will only be allowed to access the ticket from the Customer portal as a customer and any interaction made by him on this ticket will be accounted as Customer/ Requester interaction and not as agent interaction.
If an agent from the Support team whose ticket scope includes both the Support group and HR group, raises a ticket to the HR team by addressing oneself as the requester, the agent will NOT have any constraints to view or access the ticket from the agent portal directly. The agent will also be able to access the ticket from the customer portal. Any interaction made by him will still be accounted as Customer/ Requester interaction.
To know more about agent roles and ticket scopes, click here.
- You can toggle between the Agent portal and Customer portal to access the ticket requested by you. Here is how you can switch to customer portal after raising a ticket from the agent portal.
- You can also go to the customer portal anytime to track your ticket by clicking on your profile icon from the menu bar and selecting 'Go to Customer Portal' there.
- You can get back to agent portal directly from the customer portal.