When you are using Freshdesk internally or with a known set of clients, you'd want to restrict access to the helpdesk to certain domains. This way, only the whitelisted domains will be allowed to log in (or sign up) and create tickets inside your helpdesk.
This can be done using Helpdesk Restriction:
- Log into your helpdesk as an administrator
- Go to Admin > Account > Helpdesk Settings
- Scroll down to see the 'Helpdesk Restriction' section
- By default, users from any domain can log in, signup or create tickets
- When you chose 'Users from whitelisted domains', you can enter all the domains that can create tickets and signup/log in. You can whitelist a maximum of 40 domains.
When you set up restriction based on domain:
- The domains of companies and contacts that already exist in your helpdesk will be whitelisted automatically
- The domains created by an admin will be whitelisted automatically
- Twitter SSO will be disabled
- Tickets sent by domains that are not whitelisted will be dropped
- If an un-whitelisted domain is added as a CC, it will be dropped