You can control agents and customers from sending and receiving specific file types while exchanging messages on tickets.
For example, you can block customers from sending file types with extensions exe or zar, which may be a potential risk. Similarly, you can set file restrictions for agents.
To restrict file extensions:
- Log in to your Freshdesk account as admin and go to Admin > Settings > Security.
- Scroll down to Attachment Settings.
- Select the file types you want to block for agents and customers.
If you block "Executable files" then the following types of file extensions will be blocked - exe, dll, sys, swf, scr, gzquar, js, jse, class, vb, com, bat, cmd, pif, img, iso, hta, html, msc, msp, cpl, reg, tmp, py, ps, msi, msp, inf, scf, ocx, bin, ws, sh, lnk, gadget, dmg, msh, apk, iqy, pub, jar
If you block "Compression files" then the following types of file extensions will be blocked - zip, rar, sfx, zix, ear, war, arj
- You can also block additional file extensions. To do this, type the file extension and click create.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once this is done, the following error will be displayed whenever an agent tries to attach a restricted file.