With the approval workflow now available in the Freshdesk Knowledge base, admins can now provide specific levels of access to agents, based on the part they play during a content approval process.
A quick guide on customizing roles for agents involved in a content approval process
- Go to Admin > Team > Roles
- Click on New Role
- Provide the necessary Title or description for the role that you are creating (eg: Content approver or content writer)
- Scroll to the Solutions category to find the levels of access that can be provided for your agents who are using the Knowledge Base
- Within the access levels available under Solutions, you will find that you can now enable/disable approval access for an agent
- You can also ensure that an agent can only publish approved articles by enabling the corresponding checkbox.
- It is also possible for you to restrict an agent’s access to only consume content
- Once you have provided the required level of access, save the role and associate it to the relevant agents who are part of the approval process.