Freshdesk Analytics is a comprehensive reporting and analytics tool that allows you to measure and monitor customer service performance. It provides insights into various customer service data like ticket volume, agent productivity, customer satisfaction, response time, and resolution time.
With Freshdesk Analytics, you can regularly monitor your performance, identify key trends, and make data-driven decisions to effectively improve your customer service.
Key features of Freshdesk Analytics:
- Curated Reports: Freshdesk provides a set of powerful pre-built reports that give a holistic view of your overall business and provide instant insights into your team's performance and customer satisfaction.
- Custom Reports: Build reports from scratch and customize them to suit your requirements. With custom reporting, choose the metric you want and decide how you want to view them.>
- Advanced analytics capabilities
- Filters and dimensions: Use advanced filters and dimensions for a deeper analysis of specific areas of your business.
- Rich visualization:Choose from a wide range of widgets and visualize your reports with rich and colorful charts.
- Share reports: Easily share reports with your team and give them access to view the reports.
- Custom attributes: Create attributes of your choice and use them in filters or group-by to further organise or drill down your data.
Note: Check out this video for a quick overview of Freshdesk Analytics. Find the guide to using Analytics here.
This article contains the following sections.
- Roles and privileges
- Types of reports
- Working with Reports
- Feature availability
- Next Steps
Before proceeding, take a look at the list of terminologies related to the Freshdesk Analytics:
- Widget: Widgets provide a visual representation of the metrics, filters, and groups by which you select as a chart, graph, table, or text.
- Metrics: A measure you can use as a base for your report. For example, total tickets, number of agent replies, etc. Check out this article to view the complete list of metrics available in Freshdesk Analaytics.
- Report: A set of widgets that can be further customized to suit your requirements. A report gives you a bigger picture by drawing insights from each widget.
- Filters: If metrics are the base value for your report, filters, and group by are the attributes you can use to narrow down your research further. For example, If you want to see a distribution of the number of tickets resolved last month by a specific team, the metric will be the tickets resolved, the filter will be the last 29 days, and the group by will be department.
- Curated Reports: A set of default, out-of-the-box reports that answer every question related to your business, from agent productivity to helpdesk metrics.
Roles and privileges
You can control your team's access to Analytics under Admin > Roles. The different roles are:
|Manage (includes edit and export)|
Note: By default, if an agent has View access in legacy Reports, they will have Edit access in Analytics. If they have Export reports access in legacy Reports, they will have Manage (includes editing and exports) in Analytics.
Types of reports
- Curated Reports
Freshdesk provides a list of default curated reports that provide a 360 view of your support performance. The pre-built reports help you monitor your team's performance with the most relevant metrics. For more details, check Overview of Curated Reports.
- Custom Reports
With multiple ways to look at helpdesk reporting, Freshdesk's Analytics lets you build custom reports. It offers the flexibility to pick the metrics and add the filters you want to use. For more details, check Custom reports
Working with Reports
Freshdesk Analytics provides various tools and features that can be used to analyze the data in your reports further. For example, you can clone a report, add more widgets, apply new filters, or change the visualization of a report, share and schedule the reports with your team.
The various options/features available are:
- Clone report: To edit an existing report, you can use the clone option.
For example, you have a report on agent performance with a set of default filters and metrics. Now, you may want to add new filters or change the visualization. In this case, you can clone the original report to make your edits and still have the original untouched.
- Add widgets: Use widgets to create a custom report or add new widgets to an existing report. You can choose to add widgets from the widget library or create a custom widget using the metrics.
- Add Metrics: Check out the complete list of metrics you can add to your reports.
- Add filters: You can apply filters at the report level or at the widget level.
- Export reports: Use this option to export the report to your email or download the reports as PDF.
- Schedule reports: Get regular updates on reports by scheduling. You can use this feature to constantly monitor a specific report. For example, you can schedule the Ticket volume trends curated report to regularly receive updates to see the ticket volume trends of your team.
Check out the table below to know the feature availability for each plan:
|Free (Sprout)||Growth (Blossom)||Pro (Garden/Estate)|
|Report level functionalities|
|Report level - Search||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Report level - Filters||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Report level - Save||N||Y||Y||Y|
|Report level - Delete||N||Y||Y||Y|
|Report level - Schedule||N||N||Y||Y|
|Report level - Export||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Search||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Schedule||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Export||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Save & Save As||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Filter||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget level - Delete||N||N||Y||Y|
|Change chart (Visualization)||N||N||Y||Y|
|Add to reports||N||N||Y||Y|
|Widget page styling||N||N||Y||Y|
|Three-level data drill down||N||N||Y||Y|
Now that you have a basic knowledge of Freshdesk Analytics, try the following steps to explore the Analytics feature:
- Check out our list of curated reports
- Build a custom report from scratch
- Add filters, group by, and play around with the custom reports
- Share the report with your team