The data export feature in Freshdesk allows you to schedule an export of ticket information, which can come in handy for:
Creating daily reports for dashboards to help Admins track the helpdesk’s performance
Comparing turnaround times for different groups and measuring KPIs
This data can be exported along with the requester's associated Contact and Company fields, which can be used to supplement the analyses you may conduct with your BI tools.
Note: You can receive the export from Freshdesk as a CSV via email or an API link. A sample export file has been attached in this article.
- Export a report
- Export a widget
- Schedule a data export:
- Receive the export file via API
- Access your data exports
To export a report,
- Login to your support portal as an Administrator/Supervisor.
- Go to Analytics > select the report you wish to export > click the export icon on the top right corner > choose Export to mail > select the pages in the report.
- Click Export
- You will receive the report as a PDF file in your registered email.
To export a widget,
- Go to Analytics > select the report you wish to export > expand the widget you wish to export > click on the three dots inside the widget > choose Export to mail.
- Select the format as CSV or PDF.
- Click Export
- You will receive the report in your registered email.
To schedule a data export:
Login to your support portal as an Administrator/Supervisor.
Go to Analytics > click the gear icon(Settings) on the top right corner > choose Data Exports.
Click on Create Export.
- Give it a Name, Description and choose a Module from which you want to export data: Tickets, Timesheet, Surveys, Survey results, Articles, and Triage.
- Choose when you'd like to receive the export from the Schedule dropdown field (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) and then set the required time.
- Set any Filters of your choice. All your dropdown and dependent fields will be displayed.
- Choose the Ticket fields and/or Tag fields you want to include in the CSV file.
To receive the export file via API
Copy and paste the URL in your Business Intelligence tool.
Once you hit the API from your BI tool, you will receive a response in the following format:
The URL parameter holds the link to the latest export file for that schedule. The file will be available for 30 days from the date of creation.
To access your data exports:
To view the exports that you had scheduled, go to Analytics > click the gear icon(Settings) on the top right corner > choose Data Exports.
You'll be able to view the Title, Frequency, and the Status of your data export here.
Click on the Title to open a data export schedule, and use the Active toggle to deactivate a schedule.
Use the download button that appears when you hover over a scheduled export to download the available data exports.
An export once scheduled, cannot be edited. You will have to delete it altogether and create one afresh. Use the delete button that appears when you hover over a scheduled export.
Note: You might need assistance from a developer to hit the API, so please ensure that they have access to the API key of the person who created the schedule.