TABLE OF CONTENTS
Timelines & Eligibility
- When will the Reports module be deprecated?
The legacy Reports module will be deprecated on October 15, 2023.
- Why are we doing this deprecation?
With Analytics, you can spend less time building reports and more time operationalizing the results. It is a powerful tool that will act as a single solution for our customer’s reporting needs. With Analytics, customers can easily get more instant, accurate insights about their service desk and make data-driven decisions to improve their service desk efficiency.
- Is this a phased deprecation? Will select features be removed before the entire module is deprecated?
No. There will be complete deprecation of the Reports module on October 15, 2023.
- Will the Reports module be deprecated for all plans?
Yes, the legacy Reports module will be deprecated for all new (Starter, Growth, Pro, and Enterprise) and old (Sprout, Blossom, Garden, Estate, and Forest) plans.
- Is there any action required to confirm we would like to access the Analytics module?
No action is required. All customers will have access to the Analytics module. You will find it under the Reports section.
- Will there be any downtime in Analytics when Reports is deprecated?
There will be no downtime in the Analytics module for this migration.
- Will there be a change in my subscription amount due to this migration?
No, there is no change in your subscription amount. This is part of your existing package.
- Are there actions required from our (customer) end for the migration?
Customers are requested to set up any report they actively use under legacy Reports within the Analytics module. In case of any help needed to set up similar reports within Analytics, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will be happy to guide you on the process.
Changes in Reports
- Can I still create reports using the Reports module after deprecation?
No, you cannot create new reports using the Reports module after deprecation.
- What will happen to the existing reports in the legacy Reporting module?
Existing reports in the legacy Reports module will be available till October 15, 2023, but will cease to exist beyond that. Customers are requested to set up any report they actively use under legacy Reports within the Analytics module before they are deprecated.
- What will happen to schedules ?
Schedules in the reports will continue to be sent from the Reports module till October 15, 2023. Customers should set up all required schedules within Analytics along with the reports during the timeline. After October 15, when the reports module is deprecated, legacy Reports schedules will be turned off.
Reports vs. Analytics
- Is there any difference between the Legacy reports and the Analytics module?
Yes, Analytics will considerably enhance your reporting experience. Some of the notable differences are:
- Is there a possibility of a data mismatch between the Reports and the Analytics?
Reports in Analytics are updated more frequently as its sync time is 30 minutes. In the legacy reports module, custom reports sync takes 4 hours and default reports sync takes up to 1 day. Data mismatch between default reports and curated reports may happen as default reports support merged tickets, but not in curated reports.
User access to Analytics
- How do I ensure agents have access to the Analytics module?
Users with admin access can ensure the View Analytics permission under Reports is enabled for the required users. If an agent is unable to view the module, the admin can edit their role to ensure all agents with the role can use the module. The admin can also create a new role for Analytics and assign it as required.
- Are there actions required from our (customer) end?
In case users want to modify the roles or privileges in the Analytics module that are different from the ones with respect to the legacy Reports, admins may need to make those changes.
- Where can I learn how to use the Analytics module? / Are there articles or videos on how to use the new features in the Analytics module?
Yes, one can learn more about how to navigate the Analytics module here.
- How will agents access analytics?
Admins can ensure the View Analytics rule under Reports is enabled for the required agents. If an agent is unable to view the module, the admin can edit their role to ensure all agents with the role can use the module. The admin can also create a new role for Analytics and assign it as required.
- What will happen to the feature requests I raised for Reports?
No new upgrades will be added to the Reports module. The feature request will be considered for Analytics if it isn’t already resolved through the existing features in the Analytics module.
Do you still have questions regarding the Reports deprecation? Get your answers by dropping an email with your queries to email@example.com.